Malishka Mendonsa widely known as RJ Malishka is a radio personality from Mumbai, India.
RJ Malishka Biography
RJ Malishka was born on 11 October 1981 in Mumbai India. She is 39 years old as of 2020. She grew up in Santacruz East, Mumbai. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from St Xavier’s College in Mumbai, and after a year of rest, she earned a Master’s Degree in Political Science from the University of Mumbai. Then she graduated from the media at Sophia College in Mumbai.
- Height: in centimeters- 160 cm
- In meters- 1.60 m
- In feet & inches- 5’ 2”
- Weight (approx): 60Kg
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
She belongs to a Catholic family. Her father died when she was 13. Her mother’s name is Lily Mendonsa. She has a younger sister.
RJ Malishka Affairs/Boyfriends
She has a relationship with Kirthi Shetty.
RJ Malishka started her career in the advertising industry. She interned under Indian advertising film director Prahlad Kakkar, but this field wasn’t very interesting. Then she did an audio commentary in Hindi on the Discovery Channel. She started her career as a radio jockey with “Win 94.6 FM” and worked together for two years. Later she joined Rediff Radio for 7 months and then started working for Red FM.
She has hosted popular radio shows such as Morning No 1, Best Breakfast Program, and M Bole Toh. In 2013, she competed as a wildcard contestant on the popular dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa but was eliminated in Week 9.
She turned into an actress in the 2017 Bollywood movie “Tumhari Sulu” starring Vidya Balan, where she played the role of a radio jockey.
She also frequently appeared on the reality TV show Bigg Boss for several seasons. She also dubbed a Hindi version of a Hollywood movie. In 2020, she appeared on the reality TV show Khatron Ke Khiladi season 10.
- (2014) Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7
- (2020) Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- Her show “Morning No 1 with Malishka” won the 2010 “Indian Excellence in Radio Awards Best Breakfast Program/Show (Hindi)”.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award for RJ of the Year 2019.
- Indian Excellence Awards at Radio Awards for RJ of the Year 2019.
- Digital Influencer of the Year at the 2020 OTT and Digital Marketing Innovation Awards.
In 2017, she posted a video and tackled Mumbai’s pothole problem. Criticizes Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). After her video made word of mouth, she was plagued by the anger of Shiv Sena, the ruling party of BMC. After this, Shiv Sena Corporator released a parody against Malishka’s song.
In early 2019, BMC invited Malishka to monitor pre-monsoon operations and briefed on the work of civic groups. However, this did not stop Malishka and she posted another video featuring the potholes.
Facts about RJ Malishka
- As a child, Malishka was a confident girl and always eager to get on stage. She would wait for Teacher’s Day or Children’s Day to stand on stage.
- In school, she participated in all forms of activities, including theater, training in the Barata Nattiyam dance, and singing.
- In college, she was part of a PR team and a singer in a college band.
- RJ Malishka started her career in the advertising industry. She worked as an intern for Indian commercial film director Prahlad Kakkar. However, she left without finding a very interesting field. She also worked as a voice-over artist on Discovery Channel in Hindi.
- She started her career as a radio jockey with “Win 94.6 FM” and worked together for two years. Later she joined Rediff Radio for 7 months and then started working for Red FM.
- She has hosted popular radio shows such as Morning No 1, Best Breakfast Program, and M Bole Toh.
- Her show “Morning No 1 with Malishka” won the Radio Awards for Best Breakfast Program/Show (Hindi) in India for the fourth consecutive year from 2006 to 2010.
- She trained actor Vidya Balan for the role of RJ in the Bollywood movie’Lage Raho Munnabhai’ (2006). Talking about the experience, she said.
- I think this is the idea of Vidhu Vinod Chopra. As you know, Raju Hirani (director Moonna Bai) called me and said Chopra was a big fan of mine and wanted to create a character with my personality in the next movie. After that, Vidya will come to the studio to learn the ropes and mannerisms that make RJ. I wouldn’t say that she imitated me because she increased and’mood’ in my greetings!
- He appeared as a wild card participant in season 7 of the 2014 dance reality show’Jalak Di Claza’ but was eliminated in week 9.
- She has also appeared as a guest in several seasons on Bigg Boss, one of India’s biggest TV reality shows.
- She also dubbed a Hindi version of a Hollywood movie. The Incredibles (2004) as mirage (Mona)’, Thor: Ragnarok (2017) as valkyrie / Scrapper 14′
- In 2017, he began to lose weight by rehearsing for the performance of Jalak Dikhhla Jaa. After losing 21 kilos, her weight loss journey was widespread on social media. Talking about her experience, she said.
- I love to dance. I started to lose weight while doing rehearsals. Madurai Dick Sit said’Don’t gain weight anymore’, but I’m 62 now and I want to go up to 58kg. I don’t want to be slim.”
- In 2017, a video of her dealing with the Mumbai pothole problem went word of mouth. She targeted Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in the video, which resulted in hostility between her and BMC.
- In 2020, they challenged the TV reality show “Khatron Ke Khiladi 10”, which aired on Colors TV.
RJ Malishka followers
- She has more than 340K followers on Instagram as of August 11, 2020.
- She has more than 1.3M followers on Twitter as of August 11, 2020.
Her social media accounts